Release Date: 1/1/2000
Marinated pork chop with ancient grain - roasted root vegetable medley
Marinated pork chop with ancient grain–roasted root vegetable medley
Bonus: For this recipe the ancient grains came from Piemonte Rice & Grain blend (CMA product). This blend contains farro and wheat berries, and rye which are good sources of fiber, vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients. Also, they may help reduce the risk of heart disease and other health conditions as well.
Pork Chop, 4oz, marinated bone-in
Fresh herbs, chopped and mixed
2 sprigs parsley
1 sprig thyme
1 sprig rosemary
- Chop herbs.
- Preheat grill.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Season pork chop with pepper
- Grill mark pork chop over high heat. Season with herbs.
- Move on to baking sheet and roast in oven to internal temp to 165°F for approximately 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven, season with remainder of herbs.
1. Pork Jus: 4 – 1/ oz servings
3/4 tsp pork base
4 oz. water
1/2 Tb cornstarch slurry
water, as needed
1. Cornstarch slurry prepared, reserve pan drippings.
- Deglaze roasting pan with water. Deliver to 1 quart sauce pan.
- Dissolve pork base in liquid/cooking. Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Whisk in corn starch slurry, return to boil. Adjust consistency with water as needed.
- Strain through chinois – hold hot/warm for service.
3. Ancient Grain-Roasted Root Vegetable Medley (8 servings)
1 rutabaga, small, peeled, diced
1 parsnip, peeled, oblique cut
1 turnip, peeled, 1/2 in. diced
1 carrot, peeled, oblique cut
1 radish, 1/4 in. diced
1 C celeriac
12 brussel sprouts, shaved
1/2 tsp pepper
- Peel and cut all vegetables.
- Preheat oven to 325 °F
- Season vegetables with pepper. Lay out on parchment paper lined on sheet pan.
- Roast in oven, stirring occasionally, for 15-18 minutes or until tender.
- Remove from oven and combine vegetables. Hold warm for service or quick chill for later use.
1/2 C grain/rice blend
3/4 C water
1. Preheat oven to 350 °F
- Add 2 ½ cups water to a 5 quart baking dish.
- Add 1 cup of the grain/rice blend.
- Bake for 70-75 minutes or until grains are tender.
Toss vegetables with Grain blend and Serve: ½ cup servings
- Place ½ cup grain-vegetable medley in center of plate.
- Position pork chop partially on grain-vegetable medley.
- Portion pork jus around the plate.
- Garnish with fresh herbs.
For information, please call our Health Access Line at 314-ANTHONY (268-4669) or 800-554-9550 or visit find a physician online.
Working as trusted partners, the physicians and employees of St. Anthony's Health System will deliver care distinguished by its demonstrated quality and personalized service. We will be visibly engaged in improving the health and well being of the communities we serve in South County and beyond. We will stand together, proud to set the standard for independent community health systems.