Hyland Behavioral Health
Behavioral Health Resources
What is Good Mental Health?
People who enjoy good mental health report a general sense of comfort and satisfaction with life and their place in it. Each person's ability to function or perform at an adequate level in their major life-roles, such as parent, child, student, husband, wife, employee, etc., also plays an important role.
Mental health is made up of how well you function in regard to your:
- emotions, and
Any one of these parts can become out of balance due to stress, sickness, substance abuse, chemical imbalances etc. When this occurs, it can lead to problems.
For example: If you are so depressed that you can’t work, it will begin to affect how you see yourself. Negative thoughts about worth…such as, “I am not worth much, I can’t even work,” make the situation worse. This can cause more depression and a downward spiral. Take a free depression self-test.
- Chemical dependency outpatient programs -
- Coping with change -
- Guidelines for daily relaxation -
- Outpatient services -
- Support groups -
- Stress symptom checklist -
- Types of anxiety disorders -
For more information about mental health, please see the following resources:
- Healthline: Bipolar Disorder
- National Alliance on Mental Illness
- National Library of Medicine, National Institute of Health
- Missouri Department of Mental Health
- Substance Abuse and National Mental Health Services Administration
- Start Your Recovery
Behavioral Health News
- Grant Funds Program for Troubled Teens10/10/2017
- Mental Health Services Expand with Addition of Psychiatrist09/18/2017
- Learn When Substance Use Turns into Abuse or Addiction03/09/2017
- Free Mental Health Services Available to Some Jefferson County Residents11/17/2015
- Hyland Behavioral Health Earns Achievement in Clinical Excellence Platinum Status11/09/2015