Patients come first
First in medical care
Employees in the news
ideo | udio | ews
St. Anthony’s is the third-largest medical center in the St. Louis region. The medical center provides advanced medical treatment in a number of specialties, including emergency medicine, cardiology, maternity services, oncology/cancer care, orthopedics, surgery and neurology.
- St. Anthony’s Emergency Department is one of the busiest in the St. Louis region. It’s the only designated Level 2 Trauma Center in the South County area. In fall 2013, the Emergency Department implemented breakthrough improvements for patient experience that include a Quick Triage process, Fast Track for patients with non-life-threatening conditions, and physician scribes and patient liaisons to ensure best care.
- St. Anthony’s is one of the few hospitals in the St. Louis area to be certified as a Level 1 Stroke Center, with the expertise and technological resources to diagnose and treat any type of stroke within one hour of the patient’s arrival. St. Anthony’s also offers full-service, CARF-accredited acute inpatient rehabilitation designed to meet the special needs of stroke patients.
- A recognized leader in cardiac care, St. Anthony’s is home to some of St. Louis’ finest cardiologists, cardiovascular surgeons and vascular surgeons. They provide a comprehensive range of cardiac and peripheral vascular diagnostic tests and treatments—including the area’s only heart failure clinic and a hypertension clinic—in a four-story surgery and patient-care tower, the John K. Pruellage Heart & Vascular Center. During 2012, St. Anthony’s doctors and staff earned impressive composite scores for cardiac surgery outcomes from the Society of Thoracic Surgeons.
First in quality
St. Anthony’s is committed to improving quality and providing best care.
- In May 2013, St. Anthony’s Stroke Program earned two awards from the American Heart Association and the American Stroke Association for its commitment to quality care; and for its “door to needle time,” or the time from when a patient first enters the hospital until a clot-busting drug known as tPA is administered.
- In May 2013, St. Anthony’s Emergency Department staff was honored with four Abbott EMS “Bridge to Life” Clinical Save Awards for its patient care.
- In November 2013, St. Anthony’s was the site of the first-in-the-world implantation of a bifurcated stent graft, used to treat patients with aortic and iliac artery aneurisms while preserving blood flow to the pelvis.
- In 2011, St. Anthony’s was one of only four facilities in the area to earn a three-year accreditation for adult inpatient rehabilitation from the Commission on Accreditation for Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF).
First in facilities
St. Anthony's facilities are designed to provide our patients with the best health care experience. Some recent updates include:
- St. Anthony’s John K. Pruellage Heart & Vascular Center centralizes outpatient access to leading cardiologists, cardiovascular surgeons and vascular surgeons in the St. Louis area. This four-story surgery and patient care tower was completed in 2010 as part of a $90 million hospital redesign. It includes 24 state-of-the-art surgery suites with the latest surgical technology, 34 same-day-surgery rooms and 64 private inpatient rooms.
- A biophilic-design Healing Garden provides a natural haven of peace and relaxation for patients and their families.
- A 15-room St. Anthony's Heart & Vascular Institute provides hotel-like accommodations and private parking.
- St. Anthony’s Orthopedic Services offers 62 all-private patient rooms designed specifically to care for post-operative orthopedic patients. It is one of the largest orthopedic programs in the region, and performed 1,240 hip and knee replacements in 2012.
- St. Anthony’s Family Birth Center provides new moms and babies one-on-one attention from experienced and caring staff using the latest technology, in beautiful and comfortable surroundings. Our services include a Perinatal Center, Special Care Nursery, OB Nurse Navigator and post-discharge follow-up visit to new moms.
- St. Anthony's Urgent Care Centers in Arnold, Crestwood/Kirkwood, Fenton and Mehlville provide immediate professional medical attention for the treatment of minor injuries and illnesses without an appointment. All four urgent cares are open seven days a week.
For employment opportunities, call 314-525-1010 or 1-800-525-1718 or apply online.
Working as trusted partners, the physicians and employees of St. Anthony's Health System will deliver care distinguished by its demonstrated quality and personalized service. We will be visibly engaged in improving the health and well being of the communities we serve in South County and beyond. We will stand together, proud to set the standard for independent community health systems.