Patients Come First
First in Medical Care
Employees in the News
ideo | udio | ews
St. Anthony's is a well-respected tertiary care facility, offering advanced medical treatment in a number of specialties, including cardiology, maternity services, oncology/cancer care, orthopedics, surgery, neurology and emergency medicine.
- As the region’s only community hospital with a nationally certified Primary Stroke Center, St. Anthony's has the expertise and technological resources to quickly diagnose and treat any type of stroke within one hour of arrival. In addition, St. Anthony's is one of only three hospitals in the St. Louis area to have been recertified as an Advanced Primary Stroke Center.
- St. Anthony's was St. Louis’ first Accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI (Percutaneous Coronary Intervention), a distinction that recognizes our proven expertise in rapidly diagnosing and treating Emergency Department patients with heart attack symptoms.
- In partnership with Cardinal Glennon Children’s Medical Center, a dedicated pediatric emergency department provides the best pediatric care close to home. An experienced and dedicated team of pediatric emergency physicians and nurses meet the special needs of the more than 15,000 children who turn to St. Anthony’s for emergency care each year.
First in Quality
St. Anthony's Medical Center strives for excellence and is committed to continually improving quality.
- St. Anthony’s Medical Center earned the highest level of accreditation available as a Chest Pain Center with PCI (Percutaneous Coronary Intervention) from the Society of Chest Pain Centers in 2011.
- St. Anthony’s earned recertification as a Primary Stroke Center from the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) in 2011.
- St. Anthony’s Acute Rehabilitation Department received a three-year accreditation from the Commission on Accreditation for Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) in 2011. St. Anthony’s is one of only four facilities in the area to earn that accreditation for adult inpatient rehabilitation.
- St. Anthony’s Diabetes Education Program received a recognition certificate for quality from the American Diabetes Association in 2011.
- St. Anthony’s was one of 49 hospitals nationwide to receive an “Excellence in Patient Care Award” and the only hospital honored with the “Ambulatory Care Unit Award” in 2010, from the Studer Group, a healthcare performance improvement and leadership development firm.
- St. Anthony’s Breast Center has consistently been ranked the industry leader nationwide in patient satisfaction through surveys conducted by Press Ganey Associates.
First in Facilities
St. Anthony's made a major re-investment in the south St. Louis County region by undergoing a $90 million hospital re-design. Completed in 2010, the project included:
- Cardinal Glennon Pediatric Emergency Care at St. Anthony's Medical Center, a separate pediatric emergency department.
- John K. Pruellage Heart & Vascular Center, the four-story “heart hospital within a hospital,” offering the latest in medical technology and patient-centered care.
- Ortho-Spine Center, dedicated to providing everything the ortho-spine patient needs – nursing care, therapies and related services – conveniently located on one floor.
- Renovation of existing hospital space created 14 additional surgery suites and a new interventional platform with equipment needed to accommodate a variety of imaging procedures such as interventional radiology, cardiac catheterization, cardiac electrophysiology and endovascular procedures and post-anesthesia recovery rooms.
Another major investment in our primary and secondary service areas includes the opening of a fourth urgent care center, Big Bend Urgent Care, to serve the Kirkwood, Webster Groves, Sunset Hills, Crestwood and Affton communities. Additionally, digital mammography has been added to the services offered at the Fenton Urgent Care. More than 115,700 patients visited St. Anthony’s urgent care center's last year.
For employment opportunities, call 314-525-1010 or 1-800-525-1718 or apply online.
At St. Anthony's, our vision is to be the area's premier health care organization
– and your first choice for health care services.