Fish recipes for Lent
Baked Tilapia with Lemon and Parsley
4 tilapia filets, 4 ounces each
1 lemon, sliced across into 8 thin circles
Fresh or dried parsley
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray a baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
3. Lay tilapia filets in a single layer in baking dish.
4. Sprinkle with pepper and garlic powder.
5. Trim parsley leaves from the stalks and sprinkle the leaves liberally on each filet.
6. Top each filet with lemon slices.
7. Cover with foil and bake for about 15 minutes or until fish is opaque and flakes easily with a fork.
Suggested pairing: Serve with brown or wild rice and veggies.
Recipe courtesy of Elizabeth Patton, MS, RD, LD, CDE, Outpatient Diabetes and Nutrition Education, St. Anthony's Medical Center.
Check out more great recipes and nutrition advice at the Talk-Diabetes.org blog.
For information, please call our Health Access Line at 314-ANTHONY (268-4669) or 800-554-9550 or visit find a physician online.
At St. Anthony's, our vision is to be the area's premier health care organization
— and your first choice for health care services.