Fish recipes for Lent
Baked tilapia with lemon and parsley
4 tilapia filets, 4 ounces each
1 lemon, sliced across into 8 thin circles
Fresh or dried parsley
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray a baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
3. Lay tilapia filets in a single layer in baking dish.
4. Sprinkle with pepper and garlic powder.
5. Trim parsley leaves from the stalks and sprinkle the leaves liberally on each filet.
6. Top each filet with lemon slices.
7. Cover with foil and bake for about 15 minutes or until fish is opaque and flakes easily with a fork.
Suggested pairing: Serve with brown or wild rice and veggies.
Recipe courtesy of Elizabeth Patton, MS, RD, LD, CDE, Outpatient Diabetes and Nutrition Education, St. Anthony's Medical Center.
Check out more great recipes and nutrition advice at the Talk-Diabetes.org blog.
For information, please call our Health Access Line at 314-ANTHONY (268-4669) or 800-554-9550 or visit find a physician online.
Working as trusted partners, the physicians and employees of St. Anthony's Health System will deliver care distinguished by its demonstrated quality and personalized service. We will be visibly engaged in improving the health and well being of the communities we serve in South County and beyond. We will stand together, proud to set the standard for independent community health systems.