Emergency Department & Trauma Care
Emergency Services Extras
Emergency Services in the News
ideo | udio | ews
Emergency Services & Features
The Emergency Department at St. Anthony's Medical Center features:
- 43 state-of-the-art treatment rooms
- five crisis rooms, equipped to treat the most critical patients
- separate entrances for ambulances and walk-in patients
- a hazardous-materials decontamination facility
- a centralized computer system, giving personnel instant access to patient information for more efficient care
- a waiting area close to triage, allowing staff to update loved ones on patient conditions
- 24-hour security
- Pediatric Emergency Department
Level II Trauma Center
The Emergency Department at St. Anthony's Medical Center is a designated Level II Trauma Center — the only one in the South County area — and is staffed by highly skilled doctors, nurses and other professional staff uniquely trained in the care and treatment of all degrees of medical emergency.
A Level II designation means St. Anthony's:
- can receive patients by helicopter for treatment or stabilization.
- has the resources needed to manage
care of severely injured patients at all times.
- nurses in the Emergency Department, Operating Room and Intensive Care Unit receive additional training in the care of severely injured trauma patients.
- emergency physicians are immediately available and prepared to deal with trauma 24 hours a day. Trauma surgeons, neurosurgeons and orthopedic surgeons are on call and ready to respond when needed.
Chest Pain Center
St. Anthony’s Medical Center has earned the highest level of accreditation available as a Chest Pain Center with PCI (Percutaneous Coronary Intervention).
For information, please call our Health Access Line at 314-ANTHONY (268-4669) or 800-554-9550 or visit find a physician online.
At St. Anthony's, our vision is to be the area's premier health care organization
— and your first choice for health care services.