To schedule an appointment, call 314-ANTHONY (268-4669).
St. Anthony’s Heart Specialty Associates is a growing group of cardiologists affiliated with St. Anthony’s. These skilled and caring physicians have board certifications in cardiology, echocardiography, electrophysiology and peripheral vascular treatment. They offer convenient office locations, at St. Anthony’s Physician Office Center, in Kirkwood, and in the Shrewsbury area.
A Few of the Firsts at St. Anthony’s Heart & Vascular Institute:
- First in Missouri to use the Thermocool Smarttouch catheter to treat atrial fibrillation (AFib). Performed by Gregory Botteron, M.D.
- One of two in the St. Louis area to implant a new miniature cardiac monitor just one week after it received FDA approval. Implanted by Michael Shapiro, M.D.
- First in the world to implant an iliac branch stent graft to treat aortic and iliac aneurysm. Implanted by Brian Peterson, M.D.
- First in the St. Louis area to use Medtronic’s IN.PACT Admiral, a drug-coated balloon to treat peripheral artery disease in the upper leg. Used by Christopher Allen, M.D.
- First in Missouri to offer the Topera Mapping System to improve the diagnosis and treatment of patients with cardiac arrhythmias, including atrial fibrillation. Used by Gregory Botteron, M.D.