Your shared stories
Wound care & hyperbaric medicine
Chronic wound care
More than 5 million people in the U.S. suffer from problem wounds that show no signs of healing after 30 days. For people who have wounds that won’t heal, sometimes life can lose its enjoyment because of pain, fear and the inability to get around. St. Anthony’s Wound Care & Hyperbaric Medicine offers compassionate, comprehensive care for people who have non-healing wounds.
Our team of wound care specialists, doctors, nurses and other medical professionals offers patients with chronic wounds a comprehensive treatment program using advanced medical and surgical treatments.
The team will design a treatment plan to meet the patient's individual needs and keep the patient's physician involved in the treatment and recovery process. Treatment begins during the first appointment.
Types of wounds treated
- nonhealing surgical and traumatic wounds
- brown recluse spider bites
- skin tears
- arterial and peripheral vascular disease
- other non-healing wounds
- debridement and surgical intervention
- compression therapy
- diabetes health management/evaluation
- nutritional evaluation
- patient and caregiver education
- wound protection and management
- biologic agents
- negative pressure
- specialty dressings
- coordination with home care, outpatient therapy, skilled nursing facilities and other health care providers
To start feeling better:
- Call 314-525-1798 to make an appointment, or ask your doctor to contact us.
- Bring a list of your allergies and medications.
- Bring your insurance card. Many health plans cover wound care treatment. Coverage depends on your specific plan and any necessary referrals and/or authorizations that your plan may specify. Be sure to bring your insurance card and any other necessary paperwork when you visit the center.
Wound Care & Hyperbaric Medicine
12700 Southfork Road, Suite 175
St. Anthony’s Medical Plaza
See maps and directions
For information, please call our Health Access Line at 314-ANTHONY (268-4669) or 800-554-9550 or visit find a physician online.
Working as trusted partners, the physicians and employees of St. Anthony's Health System will deliver care distinguished by its demonstrated quality and personalized service. We will be visibly engaged in improving the health and well being of the communities we serve in South County and beyond. We will stand together, proud to set the standard for independent community health systems.