Your shared stories
Your notes from the heart
Surgery in the news
ideo | udio | ews
3/30/2015: Is surgical weight loss right for you?
St. Anthony's Medical Center's John K. Pruellage Heart & Vascular Center was designed to create an ideal patient environment from the windows to the bed placement. Every room has a sleeper sofa for a family member. Even the bathrooms and doorways are designed for optimum ease of access.
- Each patient room is equipped with a wheelchair-accessible private bath, with walk-in shower and durable Silestone quartz sink with motion-activated sensors.
- Four patient rooms on each floor are outfitted with patient lift equipment.
- Monitoring desks are located outside each of the Surgical Intensive Care Unit (SICU) rooms, so that clinicians may keep watch on patients without disturbing them.
- Fold-away toilets in each room allow patients to use the bathroom without having their IV tubes disconnected, and enable nurses to stay in the patient’s room.
- Each SICU room is equipped with lift equipment rated to hold up to 600 pounds, which prevents injury to both patients and staff.
- Glass-enclosed blinds offer patient privacy as well as infection control.
- Large nurses’ stations, private conference rooms where physicians and staff can speak to family members, private doctors’ dictation areas and conference rooms.
For information, please call our Health Access Line at 314-ANTHONY (268-4669) or 800-554-9550 or visit find a physician online.
Working as trusted partners, the physicians and employees of St. Anthony's Health System will deliver care distinguished by its demonstrated quality and personalized service. We will be visibly engaged in improving the health and well being of the communities we serve in South County and beyond. We will stand together, proud to set the standard for independent community health systems.