Home transport program for seniors and disabled adults
We'll pick you up
“The drivers are so sweet and I feel very comfortable with them, very safe. I've never had to wait longer than 15 or 20 minutes, and it gives my husband a break from driving me every time. This helps a lot of people who otherwise wouldn't be able to receive medical services because they have no transportation to the hospital.”
— Charlene Trent
One of the biggest problems encountered by older adults who are living independently is transportation. Many no longer are able to drive – or they never did. Some have developed a disability or special need for this type of service.
St. Anthony’s Home Transport Program provides round-trip transportation for adults age 60 and older and people with disabilities from their homes to St. Anthony’s sponsored services.
About the service
- Patients who have an appointment at any St. Anthony’s sponsored service – Cancer Care Center, Cardiology Center, Cardiac Rehabilitation, Hyland Behavioral Health Center, Wound Treatment Center, Urgent Care Centers, Outpatient Surgery, Sports & Physical Therapy or any other department – are offered this service.
- A St. Anthony’s transportation department driver, wearing uniform and badge and driving a marked, wheelchair-accessible van, picks up patients at their homes (must be ground level or wheelchair-accessible, no stairs), and transports them directly to their appointments.
- When a patient’s appointment is completed, the driver is called to pick up the patient and take him or her back home. Wait time for pick-up generally is less than an hour.
- Home transport will pick up patients within designated zip codes in the surrounding St. Louis City, County and Jefferson County area.
- Patients are asked to schedule their appointment times for pick-up 48 hours in advance, if possible.
- Home transport service is available from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekdays to area residents who are 60 or older or disabled.
- Cost for transportation from home to St. Anthony’s sponsored services and back is $20 for patients living within the designated zip code area. An additional $5/person fee is added for extra passengers, and an additional $3/mile fee is added for patients outside our designated service area.
- Call 314-525-1889 for more information or to schedule transportation.
For information, please call our Health Access Line at 314-ANTHONY (268-4669) or 800-554-9550 or visit find a physician online.
Working as trusted partners, the physicians and employees of St. Anthony's Health System will deliver care distinguished by its demonstrated quality and personalized service. We will be visibly engaged in improving the health and well being of the communities we serve in South County and beyond. We will stand together, proud to set the standard for independent community health systems.