Acute Rehabilitation Unit
Electric stimulation devices are used to help patients with dysphagia learn to swallow again.
Your shared stories
Your notes from the heart
Rehabilitation in the news
ideo | udio | ews
9/19/2014: Exercise and proper stretching
- Patients need to have recovered from the acute phase of their illness or injury. However, they must still require 24-hour physician management and nursing care and need comprehensive rehabilitation services.
- Patients must be able to participate in and tolerate three hours of therapy 5 of 7 days per week.
- Patients must need two forms of therapy disciplines; physical therapy and/or occupational therapy or speech therapy.
- Patients must have the expectation of returning to the community after their rehab stay; i.e. home, independent living, assisted living, or home with family/friend.
- A physician order is required for a patient to be admitted to the acute rehabilitation unit.
Referrals or inquiries from other hospitals, community resources, family members and concerned friends are welcome. For information, call 314-525-7226.
For information, please call our Health Access Line at 314-ANTHONY (268-4669) or 800-554-9550 or visit find a physician online.
Working as trusted partners, the physicians and employees of St. Anthony's Health System will deliver care distinguished by its demonstrated quality and personalized service. We will be visibly engaged in improving the health and well being of the communities we serve in South County and beyond. We will stand together, proud to set the standard for independent community health systems.