Acute Rehabilitation Unit
Your shared stories
Your notes from the heart
Rehabilitation in the news
ideo | udio | ews
CARF survey results
For the third time in a row, St. Anthony’s Medical Center’s acute rehabilitation department has received a three-year accreditation from the Commission on Accreditation for Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF). This international, not-for-profit organization accredits human services providers, based on quality of services.
Only five facilities in the St. Louis area and only 12 in Missouri have earned the CARF accreditation for adult inpatient rehabilitation. The process is an extensive and arduous one, with a book-long array of more than 200 compliance measures required to meet CARF standards.
Before it is accredited by CARF, a provider must show that it focuses on continuous quality improvement, driven by input from all stakeholders, to achieve the best possible outcomes and customer satisfaction.
The CARF survey report cited St. Anthony’s for excellence in the following areas:
- Well-trained, loyal staff has extensive expertise and experience in patient treatment.
- High caliber of communication is evident among team members.
- Physical environment is immaculate and attractive, with large, comfortable rooms and a warm and caring setting for rehabilitation.
- Hospital administration provides ongoing support for continuing education of staff members.
- Outstanding medical staff support is provided by physicians, who are consistently available, approachable and responsive to staff.
- A strong focus is placed on patient education, re-integration into the community and transitional opportunities.
- Rehabilitation staff members are true advocates for the persons served.
- A consistent team is available to each patient, including physiatrists, therapists, nurses, care managers (social workers) and a recreational therapist.
- State-of-the art mechanical lifts increase safety for both patients and employees.
Additionally, the report on St. Anthony’s Acute Rehab read, “The organization demonstrates commitment to the ongoing improvement of its program by conforming to the CARF standards. There is a true understanding of the mission, the strengths and the hard work required to deliver excellent rehabilitation services.”
For information, please call our Health Access Line at 314-ANTHONY (268-4669) or 800-554-9550 or visit find a physician online.
Working as trusted partners, the physicians and employees of St. Anthony's Health System will deliver care distinguished by its demonstrated quality and personalized service. We will be visibly engaged in improving the health and well being of the communities we serve in South County and beyond. We will stand together, proud to set the standard for independent community health systems.