Acute Rehabilitation Unit
Your shared stories
Your notes from the heart
Rehabilitation in the news
ideo | udio | ews
9/19/2014: Exercise and proper stretching
CARF survey results
For the fourth time in a row, St. Anthony’s Medical Center’s acute rehabilitation department has received a three-year accreditation from the Commission on Accreditation for Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF). This international, not-for-profit organization accredits human services providers, based on quality of services.
The process is an extensive and arduous one, with a book-long array of more than 200 compliance measures required to meet CARF standards.
Before it is accredited by CARF, a provider must show that it focuses on continuous quality improvement, driven by input from all stakeholders, to achieve the best possible outcomes and customer satisfaction.
CARF report highlights
The CARF survey report says St. Anthony's Medical Center has strengths in many areas:
- A person- and family-centered model of care is strongly reflected across the unit.
- Patients are treated with dignity and respect.
- The rehabilitation program has a dedicated and cohesive interdisciplinary treatment team that demonstrates a commitment to the program, its mission, and the needs of the persons served.
- The program's leaders are dedicated to providing high quality rehabilitation services.
- Staff members are responsive to individual patient preferences and are qualified and experienced to address their rehabilitation needs.
- There are clear admission and discharge criteria with review of records showing that the persons served are at the appropriate level within the hospital's continuum of care.
- Daily meetings between the admission coordinators and physicians occur to review new referral medical status, functional status, goals, and appropriateness for admission to the unit.
- Technological systems are in place to prevent order, transcription, and medication administration errors and alert providers of potential drug interactions.
- The structural environment is well maintained.
- A consistently high percentage of persons served are discharged back to the community.
For information, please call our Health Access Line at 314-ANTHONY (268-4669) or 800-554-9550 or visit find a physician online.
Working as trusted partners, the physicians and employees of St. Anthony's Health System will deliver care distinguished by its demonstrated quality and personalized service. We will be visibly engaged in improving the health and well being of the communities we serve in South County and beyond. We will stand together, proud to set the standard for independent community health systems.