Recognitions and awards
St. Anthony's Medical Center strives for excellence and is committed to continually improving quality. Below are some of our recognitions:
- The first accredited Vein Center in the bi-state area.
- St. Anthony’s earned recertification as a Primary Stroke Center from the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO).
- St. Anthony’s Acute Rehabilitation Department received a three-year accreditation from the Commission on Accreditation for Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF).
- St. Anthony’s Breast Center has consistently been ranked the industry leader nationwide in patient satisfaction through surveys conducted by Press Ganey Associates.
- St. Anthony’s Diabetes Education Program received a recognition certificate for quality from the American Diabetes Association.
First in heart care
The physicians of the Heart & Vascular Institute at St. Anthony’s were the first physicians in the St. Louis are to use new technology and techniques. Some of our recent innovations include:
- First in Missouri to use the Thermocool Smartto uch catheter to treat atrial fibrillation (AFib). This device is the first catheter in the U.S. approved to feature direct contact force technology for the treatment of AFib.
- One of two in the St. Louis area to implant a new miniature cardiac monitor just one week after it received FDA approval. The monitor is one-third the size of an AAA battery, with 20 percent more memory space and the ability to continually monitor the heart wirelessly.
- First in the world to implant an iliac branch stent graft to treat aortic and iliac aneurysm. The stent-graft was the first of an investigational study on the device that would allow a less invasive procedure to treat aortic and iliac aneurysms.
For information, please call our Health Access Line at 314-ANTHONY (268-4669) or 800-554-9550 or visit find a physician online.
Working as trusted partners, the physicians and employees of St. Anthony's Health System will deliver care distinguished by its demonstrated quality and personalized service. We will be visibly engaged in improving the health and well being of the communities we serve in South County and beyond. We will stand together, proud to set the standard for independent community health systems.