Physical therapist Kathleen Stebe assists patient Karen Schrader in mat exercises.
Your shared stories
Orthopedic and spinal
St. Anthony’s Orthopedic Services provides comprehensive services for patients with orthopedic and spinal needs. A “horizontal hospital within a hospital,” it includes 62 all-private patient rooms specifically designed to care for post-operative orthopedic patients.
St. Anthony’s talented and professional staff of orthopedic, spine and neurological surgeons perform the latest procedures. In addition, the experienced, dedicated nursing staff and highly skilled therapists are specially trained to care for patients with orthopedic, spinal and related problems. The staff is dedicated to helping patients recover from their surgeries by providing the best possible nursing care, physical therapy, occupational therapy and related services in one convenient location.
All-private patient rooms feature:
- double doors for easy access of equipment
- wheelchair-accessible sinks
- hand-held shower appliances
- elevated toilet seats
- sleeping accommodations for a family member
- flat-screen TV
- communication board
- two rooms with 600-pound capacity patient safety lifts
Other amenities include:
- open, airy gym for physical and occupational therapy
- transitional apartment to help patients prepare to return home
- casting/splinting room
- social workers available to help access support services
- medical prescriptions and durable medical equipment provided on-site at discharge
- Total Joint Replacement Preparation Class for prospective orthopedic surgical patients
For information, please call our Health Access Line at 314-ANTHONY (268-4669) or 800-554-9550 or visit find a physician online.
Working as trusted partners, the physicians and employees of St. Anthony's Health System will deliver care distinguished by its demonstrated quality and personalized service. We will be visibly engaged in improving the health and well being of the communities we serve in South County and beyond. We will stand together, proud to set the standard for independent community health systems.