Your shared stories
Neurology in the news
ideo | udio | ews
St. Anthony's Medical Center provides advanced imaging capabilities, including:
- Angiography — Advanced bi-plan angiography allowing 3D imaging for interventional radiological procedures.
- Computerized Tomography (CT) Scan — A procedure that applies computer-enhanced X-rays to obtain multiple cross-section images of the body; these images are combined to create a detailed picture of anatomical features and normal or abnormal tissue density in the body.
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) — A procedure using strong magnets and pulses of radio waves to manipulate the natural magnetic properties in the body; this technology provides doctors with highly defined images of the brain and nervous system tissue, which are important for early diagnosis of many diseases and hyperacute or very recent strokes.
- Positron Emission Tomography (PET) Scan — A diagnostic procedure that uses a sophisticated camera and computer to produce images of how your body is functioning. PET scans show the difference between healthy and abnormally functioning tissues. The images developed with this technique are used to evaluate a variety of diseases, including cancer.
- Electroencephalogram — A procedure that measures electrical activity in the brain.
- Electromyogram — A procedure to assess muscles and the nerves that control muscles.
- Lumbar Puncture — Also referred to as a spinal tap, this procedure is used to extract spinal fluid, which is helpful in diagnosing several neurologic disorders.
The audiology department performs the following diagnostic tests:
- Electronystagmography (ENG)
- Brainstem Auditory Evoked Response (BAER)
- Stapedial Reflex testing
- Central Auditory Function
Audiologists provide consultation, fitting and selection of the appropriate hearing aid, from basic to advanced programmable, analog and digital devices.
For information, please call our Health Access Line at 314-ANTHONY (268-4669) or 800-554-9550 or visit find a physician online.
Working as trusted partners, the physicians and employees of St. Anthony's Health System will deliver care distinguished by its demonstrated quality and personalized service. We will be visibly engaged in improving the health and well being of the communities we serve in South County and beyond. We will stand together, proud to set the standard for independent community health systems.