At St. Anthony’s Medical Center, we treat more than 3,500 patients each year for a wide range of orthopedic conditions and injuries, from bone fractures and shoulder dislocations to hip resurfacing, back pain surgery and total joint replacement. Our total hip and knee replacement program is one of the largest programs of its kind in the region.
Our experienced orthopedic surgeons perform both traditional surgery and innovative minimally invasive procedures. A comprehensive team approach to care has resulted in lower hospital lengths of stay and excellent surgical outcomes for orthopedic and spine patients. In fact, the overwhelming majority of our patients are discharged back to home instead of to a rehabilitation center or skilled nursing facility. See more quality outcomes in orthopedic care.
We have six dedicated orthopedic surgical suites. We also have an entire hospital floor focused on orthopedic and spine post-operative care and rehabilitation:
- 60 all-private patient rooms designed specifically for orthopedic and spine patients
- Rooms equipped for overnight stays by spouse or significant other
- Nursing team with advanced training in orthopedic and spine care
- In-hospital rehabilitation gym located within the Orthopedic/Spine Unit
- In-room patient safety lifts
- Wheelchair accessible sinks, elevated toilet seats and handheld showerheads in all rooms
- Transitional apartment to ease a patient’s safe return home
We are committed to offering compassionate, premier care for orthopedic patients.
The Joint Commission - Gold Seal of Approval
St. Anthony’s has earned The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval® for Total Hip and Total Knee Replacement Certification. The Gold Seal of Approval® is a symbol of quality that reflects an organization’s commitment to providing safe and effective patient care.
Joint Commission experts evaluated compliance with national disease-specific care standards as well as with total hip and total knee replacement-specific requirements. Clinical practice guidelines and performance measures also were assessed.
Ready For An Appointment?
- Preventing and Caring for Spinal Issues08/04/2017
- Certification for total hip and total knee replacement from The Joint Commission07/12/2017
- Heading Back Outdoors in Spring Can Lead to Injuries03/02/2016
- Flexibility, Stretching, and Fitness02/16/2016
- Sports and Physical Therapy Office and Diabetes Education Office Move07/09/2014