At St. Anthony’s Medical Center, we treat more than 3,500 patients each year for a wide range of orthopedic conditions and injuries, from bone fractures and shoulder dislocations to hip resurfacing, back pain surgery and total joint replacement. Our total hip and knee replacement program is one of the largest programs of its kind in the region.
Our experienced orthopedic surgeons perform both traditional surgery and innovative minimally invasive procedures. A comprehensive team approach to care has resulted in lower hospital lengths of stay and excellent surgical outcomes for orthopedic and spine patients. In fact, the overwhelming majority of our patients are discharged back to home instead of to a rehabilitation center or skilled nursing facility. See more quality outcomes in orthopedic care
We have six dedicated orthopedic surgical suites. We also have an entire hospital floor focused on orthopedic and spine post-operative care and rehabilitation:
- 60 all-private patient rooms designed specifically for orthopedic and spine patients
- Rooms equipped for overnight stays by spouse or significant other
- Nursing team with advanced training in orthopedic and spine care
- In-hospital rehabilitation gym located within the Orthopedic/Spine Unit
- In-room patient safety lifts
- Wheelchair accessible sinks, elevated toilet seats and handheld showerheads in all rooms
- Transitional apartment to ease a patient’s safe return home
We are committed to offering compassionate, premier care for orthopedic patients.