St. Anthony's wound program is designed to meet the diverse home care needs of the adult with wounds. The overall goal of the program is to achieve optimal results in wound healing in a cost-effective manner.
- assess large, complex, or problematic wounds, including factors that may impair healing
- develop a comprehensive plan of care, including product recommendations
- evaluate products used and level of effectiveness achieved
- recommend alternative products when appropriate
- educate patient/family with a focus on proper wound care techniques and factors that impact wound healing
- care by RNs specifically trained in wound care techniques, products, assessments and ostomy care
- management of negative pressure wound therapy