The Heart and Vascular Institute
Education and Support
St. Anthony’s offers a unique variety of programs to support our heart patients, including:
- At least two in-home visits are provided at no charge for every patient with heart failure. A nurse specialist will provide follow up support.
- Education classes covering topics such as coping skills, stress management and heart-healthy diet are available through cardiac rehabilitation.
- A Cardiopulmonary Support Group meets on the 3rd Wednesday of the month from 1 to 3 p.m. to support and educate those suffering from heart or lung ailments. Please call 525-4091 for more information. Note: No summer meetings are held.
- Stress Management Classes help individuals find ways to cope with stress, including relaxation and time management techniques. This program is offered through St. Anthony’s at Hyland Behavioral Health.
- Women Heart support group offers an ongoing place for women only to come for information and encouragement. Meetings are held on the 1st Tuesday of every month from 6 to 7:30 p.m. in cardiac rehabilitation. Please call 525-4091 for more information.
St. Anthony’s also offers other ongoing programs, classes and lectures — many free of charge — to help educate the community about the benefits of a healthy lifestyle. Heart patients may benefit from these as well. See schedule of upcoming classes.
Heart and Vascular News
- "U.S. News & World Report" Names St. Anthony’s Among Best in Treating Two Conditions08/08/2017
- Vascular Surgeon joins St. Anthony’s Heart & Vascular Institute team08/01/2017
- Advanced Certification in Heart Failure from The Joint Commission07/20/2017
- American Heart Association honors St. Anthony’s with Silver Plus Award for heart failure care05/11/2017
- Stenting of Completely Blocked Coronary Arteries May Represent “Final Frontier” in Interventional Cardiology01/17/2017
- Cardiothoracic Surgeons Perform 500th Procedure01/04/2017
- Cardiologist Joins St. Anthony’s from the U.S. Navy08/15/2016
- Heart Care Team Expands with Addition of Cardiologist08/11/2016
- "U.S. News & World Report" Names St. Anthony’s Among Best in Treating Three Conditions08/02/2016
- Cardiologist Joins St. Anthony’s Heart Specialty Associates07/26/2016