At St. Anthony’s Cancer Care Center, we have a multidisciplinary team of specialists, all dedicated to providing comprehensive, coordinated cancer care.
- Medical Oncologists — manage your cancer care from diagnosis through treatment. They coordinate the care from the entire cancer team and oversee specifically chemotherapy and other targeted drug therapies, as needed.
- Radiation Oncologists — use high-energy radiation to kill cancer cells. They are specialists in identifying the location of cancer cells so that they can beam radiation directly to cancerous tumors and lesions while minimizing harmful rays to healthy, surrounding tissue.
- Neurosurgeons and Neurologists — oversee various cancer treatment options, including surgery, chemotherapy and radiation therapy, for cancer of the brain or spinal cord.
- Surgical Oncologists — specialize in surgical removal of tumors.
- Breast surgical oncologists — focus specifically on cancers of the breast.
- Lung/Thoracic oncologists — specialize in cancer of the lung, chest or esophagus.
- Colon/Gastrointestinal Oncologists — treat cancers of the colon, esophagus, pancreas, liver, stomach, small intestines and rectum.
- Reconstructive surgeons — specialize in repair of abnormalities following surgery to remove a tumor or tissue.
- Diagnostic radiologists — use a wide range of imaging techniques, including X-rays, CT scans, MRIs, ultrasound, and nuclear medicine, among many, to help determine the extent of disease.
- Pathologists — examine tissue samples under a microscope to identify abnormalities and diseases. Pathologists determine the type of tumor, its grade and staging.
- Oncology Nurses — experienced nurses who specialize in the care of both inpatient and outpatient cancer patients. Oncology nurses also manage cancer clinical trial enrollment and serve as nurse educators.
- Patient Care Navigators — experienced oncology nurses who specifically serve as guides for patients and their families to help identify and navigate complex care paths for ongoing treatment as well as access resources and education. St. Anthony’s currently has a patient navigator focused on breast cancer patients.
For more information or help with a referral to one of our cancer specialists, call 314-ANTHONY (268-4669) or toll free 800-554-9550.