The patient comes first in all we do.
We express compassion and respect for all persons served and those serving.
Before joining the team at St. Anthony's, employees are required to agree to meet the Values Covenant below.
Acknowledges all patients, visitors and staff.
- Greets others in elevators, hallways, etc., introducing self and purpose as the situation warrants.
- When approached, looks up immediately and makes eye contact, smiles warmly, verbally says "May I help you?" or "Are you being helped?"
- Answers phone within three rings, identifies name and department and asks," How may I help you?" Asks for permission before placing a caller on hold.
Anticipates patients/visitors' needs and offers assistance immediately.
- Gives direction to someone who appears lost or escorts them to where they need to go.
Exhibits positive demeanor at all times.
- Displays positive body language, positive facial expression and appropriate conversational language.
- Makes eye contact and uses active listening skills.
Conveys the attitude that no problem/question is too small or insignificant.
- Assists all persons in order to resolve questions, issues and concerns.
- At the end of interactions, offers assistance for further needs.
- Treats each problem/question with respect, uses easily understood language when giving information and offers clarification.
Shows empathy and respect for others.
- Minimizes noise and voice level.
- Ensures coverage for patient care before leaving work area for any reason, including breaks or end of shift.
- In all interactions, is respectful of the privacy of others.
- Knocks on doors and waits for acknowledgement, when possible, before entering rooms/offices.
We strive for excellence through teamwork and respect.
Collaborates with other departments to reinforce teamwork and effective communications.
- Recognizes opportunities to offer assistance inside and outside the department.
- Treats others respectfully, listening actively.
- Phone etiquette includes speaking clearly, identifying yourself, stating the reason for the call and the number where you may be reached, ending with "thank you."
Seeks opportunities to help coworkers.
- Offers assistance to coworkers throughout shift.
- Coaches others, offering encouragement on job well done.
- Returns equipment, and all components needed to operate, to its proper place.
Makes efficient and effective use of time, supplies and equipment.
- Communicates with coworkers in determining time away from the department for meals and breaks and returns on time.
- Adheres to meal and rest break policy.
- Uses equipment and resources appropriately, without waste.
- Identifies, reports and secures any unsafe conditions, including broken equipment to an appropriate authority.
- Adheres to attendance policy.
As a Catholic medical center, we support the spiritual and physical needs of our patients and staff.
Maintains a clean and safe working environment.
- Cleans up after self.
- Identifies and reports any safety concerns to appropriate authority; securing unsafe situations within boundaries of personal safety.
- Picks up and disposes of litter found and cleans up spills and debris immediately.
- Tags broken equipment and pulls from service.
- Consumes food and beverages in designated area only.
Recognizes others for a job well done.
- Offers recognition, compliments and acknowledgements of improvements.
- Supports each person's spiritual beliefs and practices.
- Assists those who have physical needs.
- Does not gossip.
- Alters behavior based on feedback, should it be perceived as offensive or embarrassing to another.
For information, please call our Health Access Line at 314-ANTHONY (268-4669) or 800-554-9550 or visit find a physician online.
At St. Anthony's, our vision is to be the area's premier health care organization
— and your first choice for health care services.