Balancing life and work
Caring for ourselves
Employees in the news
ideo | udio | ews
Because we believe we can best care for our patients when we care for ourselves, St. Anthony's has embarked on a wellness initiative that gives employees the tools and resources to be healthier and happier.
- Work-life programs to support emotional or family needs are available through the Employee Assistance Program a free program that provides professional counseling services as well as financial assistance, legal assistance, elder and childcare assistance, and educational programs for leadership development.
- For a nominal monthly fee, employees have around-the-clock access to a secure, on-campus fitness center.
- Disease management that provides lifestyle coaching and recommendations to help employees and their families with chronic disease (i.e., asthma, diabetes), lead healthier lives.
Caring for each other
Our employees are an extension of our family.
- St. Anthony's has invested $1 million to enhance safety for staff by placing safe-patient handling devices throughout the hospital and train our employees. We are the only hospital in the region with injury-prevention equipment on every hospital floor, as well as in the emergency department.
- Employees who are facing a crisis like an unexpected illness, the death of a loved one, or the loss of a home due to a fire, can receive help from the Employee Crisis Fund – a fund established to allow employees to care for one another. Since it was established in 1996, the fund has provided loans or outright gifts totaling nearly a half a million dollars.
- Employees wishing to help co-workers in the midst of crisis due to a FMLA or medical leave of absence, may donate a specified amount of their Earned Time Off (ETO) to an Employee Leave Sharing Bank.
- We strive to offer opportunities for employees to achieve their desired work/life balance, including providing access to an on-campus fitness center, tuition reimbursement, and professional development classes offered during working hours.
Caring for the community
Our spirit of service extends beyond the Medical Center campus and touches the lives of many thousands of neighbors.
- Our community benefits from charity care and uncompensated care from St. Anthony’s each fiscal year.
- A team of employees, known as the Franciscan Outreach Committee, provide opportunities for employees to help the community, St. Anthony’s patients, and their coworkers. From food drives to collecting school supplies for kids in need and from helping needy families at Christmas to donating to worthy causes, the Mission Alive Team turns St. Anthony’s Mission Statement into action.
For employment opportunities, call 314-525-1010 or 1-800-525-1718 or apply online.
Working as trusted partners, the physicians and employees of St. Anthony's Health System will deliver care distinguished by its demonstrated quality and personalized service. We will be visibly engaged in improving the health and well being of the communities we serve in South County and beyond. We will stand together, proud to set the standard for independent community health systems.