Fish recipes for Lent
1 can (15 oz) salmon, without bones and skin
¼ cup Italian-style breadcrumbs
½ small white onion, diced
1 tablespoon dried parsley
2 teaspoons canola oil
1. Combine salmon, egg, breadcrumbs, onion and parsley in a small bowl.
2. Heat 1 teaspoon oil on medium heat in a medium-sized skillet.
3. Form salmon mixture into 4 balls, then flatten gently into patties.
4. Place each patty in the oiled skillet. Cook for about 10 minutes or until beginning to turn golden brown on the bottom.
5. Add remaining oil to the pan and gently flip over each patty. Cook another 10 minutes until the bottom is golden brown as well.
Suggested pairing: Serve with mashed potatoes.
Recipe courtesy of Elizabeth Patton, MS, RD, LD, CDE, Outpatient Diabetes and Nutrition Education, St. Anthony's Medical Center.
Check out more great recipes and nutrition advice at the Talk-Diabetes.org blog.
For information, please call our Health Access Line at 314-ANTHONY (268-4669) or 800-554-9550 or visit find a physician online.
At St. Anthony's, our vision is to be the area's premier health care organization
— and your first choice for health care services.