Fish recipes for Lent
Parmesan crumb-topped whitefish
4 filets of any white fish you prefer, such as tilapia or halibut
¼ cup breadcrumbs
¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
2 teaspoons olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray a baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
3. Lay fish filets in a single layer in baking dish.
4. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
5. Mix bread crumbs and cheese in a small bowl. Drizzle with oil and stir to combine.
6. Top each fish with the breadcrumb mixture.
7. Bake uncovered for about 15 minutes or until fish is opaque and flakes easily with a fork.
Recipe courtesy of Elizabeth Patton, MS, RD, LD, CDE, Outpatient Diabetes and Nutrition Education, St. Anthony's Medical Center.
Check out more great recipes and nutrition advice at the Talk-Diabetes.org blog.
For information, please call our Health Access Line at 314-ANTHONY (268-4669) or 800-554-9550 or visit find a physician online.
Working as trusted partners, the physicians and employees of St. Anthony's Health System will deliver care distinguished by its demonstrated quality and personalized service. We will be visibly engaged in improving the health and well being of the communities we serve in South County and beyond. We will stand together, proud to set the standard for independent community health systems.