Fish recipes for Lent
Parchment-baked halibut with pesto, zucchini and carrots
4 (12- x 18-inch) sheets parchment paper
4 (6-ounce) halibut fillets
1/4 cupcommercial pesto
1 cupshredded carrots (2 medium)
1 cupshredded zucchini (1 small)
3/4 teaspoonsalt, divided
1/2 teaspoonfreshly ground pepper, divided
4 teaspoonsolive oil
4 teaspoonsdry white wine
1. Preheat oven to 450°. Follow directions for heart-shaped parchment package below.
2. Unfold parchment heart, and coat lightly with cooking spray, leaving a 2-inch border ungreased at edge.
3. Place fillet on one side so that it touches the fold, but not the ungreased border. Spread 1 tablespoon pesto over fillet; top with 1/4 cup carrot and 1/4 cup zucchini. Sprinkle with one-fourth of salt and pepper. Drizzle fillet with 1 teaspoon oil and 1 teaspoon wine.
4. Fold paper; seal edges with narrow folds. Repeat with the remaining parchment paper, fish, and vegetables.
5. Place packets on baking sheets. Bake at 450° for 15 minutes or until puffy and lightly browned. To serve, open packets and transfer the fillets with their vegetable topping to plates; pour juices over top. Or serve right in packets; carefully transfer to plates and pierce each to allow steam to escape.
Note: Nutritional analysis includes Sugars 0g.
Recipe courtesy of Elizabeth Patton, MS, RD, LD, CDE, Outpatient Diabetes and Nutrition Education, St. Anthony's Medical Center.
Check out more great recipes and nutrition advice at the Talk-Diabetes.org blog.
For information, please call our Health Access Line at 314-ANTHONY (268-4669) or 800-554-9550 or visit find a physician online.
Working as trusted partners, the physicians and employees of St. Anthony's Health System will deliver care distinguished by its demonstrated quality and personalized service. We will be visibly engaged in improving the health and well being of the communities we serve in South County and beyond. We will stand together, proud to set the standard for independent community health systems.