Fish recipes for Lent
4 salmon filets
2 teaspoons olive oil
2 teaspoons lemon juice
Crushed red pepper
1. Heat grill to medium-high heat.
2. Drizzle 1 teaspoon oil and lemon juice over one side of salmon filets.
3. Lightly sprinkle each of the seasonings across the top.
4. Pick up each salmon filet with a fork and gently turn over.
5. Repeat oil, lemon juice and seasonings. Allow to marinate for at least 15 minutes.
6. Grill on each side for 5-7 minutes until opaque in the center and flakes easily with a fork.
Recipe courtesy of Elizabeth Patton, MS, RD, LD, CDE, Outpatient Diabetes and Nutrition Education, St. Anthony's Medical Center.
Check out more great recipes and nutrition advice at the Talk-Diabetes.org blog.
For information, please call our Health Access Line at 314-ANTHONY (268-4669) or 800-554-9550 or visit find a physician online.
Working as trusted partners, the physicians and employees of St. Anthony's Health System will deliver care distinguished by its demonstrated quality and personalized service. We will be visibly engaged in improving the health and well being of the communities we serve in South County and beyond. We will stand together, proud to set the standard for independent community health systems.