Fish recipes for Lent
4 salmon filets
2 teaspoons olive oil
2 teaspoons lemon juice
Crushed red pepper
1. Heat grill to medium-high heat.
2. Drizzle 1 teaspoon oil and lemon juice over one side of salmon filets.
3. Lightly sprinkle each of the seasonings across the top.
4. Pick up each salmon filet with a fork and gently turn over.
5. Repeat oil, lemon juice and seasonings. Allow to marinate for at least 15 minutes.
6. Grill on each side for 5-7 minutes until opaque in the center and flakes easily with a fork.
Recipe courtesy of Elizabeth Patton, MS, RD, LD, CDE, Outpatient Diabetes and Nutrition Education, St. Anthony's Medical Center.
Check out more great recipes and nutrition advice at the Talk-Diabetes.org blog.
For information, please call our Health Access Line at 314-ANTHONY (268-4669) or 800-554-9550 or visit find a physician online.
At St. Anthony's, our vision is to be the area's premier health care organization
— and your first choice for health care services.