Healthy Lunch - Danielle’s Spaghetti
Healthy Lunch - Danielle's Spaghetti
1 - 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
2 large fresh tomatoes (diced)
1 medium yellow onion (chopped finely)
1 red bell pepper (diced finely)
3 garlic cloves (crushed)
3 tablespoons Italian spices
1 tablespoon sugar
Salt and pepper to taste
2 tbsp olive oil
1 lb 95% lean ground beef
1 package whole wheat spaghetti
1. Add 2 tbsp olive oil to Dutch oven. Sautee onions, garlic and
red bell pepper until soft and tender, about 9 minutes.
2. Add crushed tomatoes, diced tomatoes, spices, sugar and salt and pepper to taste.
3. Allow to simmer for about 20-30 minutes.
4. Brown ground beef in skillet; drain excess grease.
5. Add to marinara sauce and allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
6. Serve over whole wheat spaghetti.
Total Calories: 412
Fat: 12 grams
For information, please call our Health Access Line at 314-ANTHONY (268-4669) or 800-554-9550 or visit find a physician online.
At St. Anthony's, our vision is to be the area's premier health care organization
— and your first choice for health care services.