Healthy Lunch - Danielle’s Spaghetti
1 - 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
2 large fresh tomatoes (diced)
1 medium yellow onion (chopped finely)
1 red bell pepper (diced finely)
3 garlic cloves (crushed)
3 tablespoons Italian spices
1 tablespoon sugar
Salt and pepper to taste
2 tbsp olive oil
1 lb 95% lean ground beef
1 package whole wheat spaghetti
1. Add 2 tbsp olive oil to Dutch oven. Sautee onions, garlic and
red bell pepper until soft and tender, about 9 minutes.
2. Add crushed tomatoes, diced tomatoes, spices, sugar and salt and pepper to taste.
3. Allow to simmer for about 20-30 minutes.
4. Brown ground beef in skillet; drain excess grease.
5. Add to marinara sauce and allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
6. Serve over whole wheat spaghetti.
Total Calories: 412
Fat: 12 grams
For information, please call our Health Access Line at 314-ANTHONY (268-4669) or 800-554-9550 or visit find a physician online.
Working as trusted partners, the physicians and employees of St. Anthony's Health System will deliver care distinguished by its demonstrated quality and personalized service. We will be visibly engaged in improving the health and well being of the communities we serve in South County and beyond. We will stand together, proud to set the standard for independent community health systems.