Check out this showstopper appetizer that will delight your guests — using alternatives to reduce fat and calories.
Makes 40 servings
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
1 pkg. (16-oz) Chicken Stove Top Stuffing Mix
1½ cups hot water
40 fresh mushrooms (about 2 lbs.)
2 Tbsp margarine
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 pkg. frozen, chopped spinach, (thawed and well drained)
1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
1 cup reduced-fat grated parmesan cheese
1. Heat oven to 400°F.
2. Mix stuffing mix and water.
3. Remove mushroom stems; chop stems.
4. Melt margarine in skillet.
5. Add stems and garlic; cook and stir until tender.
6. Add to stuffing with spinach and cheeses; mix well.
7. Spoon into mushroom caps.
8. Place in shallow baking pan.
9. Bake 20 minutes or until tender.
Nutritional Analysis per serving:
Calories 50, total fat 2.5g (saturated fat 1.5g), carbohydrates 4g, protein 4g, fiber <1g, sodium 150mg
Source: Kraft Foods
For information, please call our Health Access Line at 314-ANTHONY (268-4669) or 800-554-9550 or visit find a physician online.
At St. Anthony's, our vision is to be the area's premier health care organization
— and your first choice for health care services.