Check out this showstopper appetizer that will delight your guests — using alternatives to reduce fat and calories.
Makes 40 servings
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
1 pkg. (16-oz) Chicken Stove Top Stuffing Mix
1½ cups hot water
40 fresh mushrooms (about 2 lbs.)
2 Tbsp margarine
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 pkg. frozen, chopped spinach, (thawed and well drained)
1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
1 cup reduced-fat grated parmesan cheese
1. Heat oven to 400°F.
2. Mix stuffing mix and water.
3. Remove mushroom stems; chop stems.
4. Melt margarine in skillet.
5. Add stems and garlic; cook and stir until tender.
6. Add to stuffing with spinach and cheeses; mix well.
7. Spoon into mushroom caps.
8. Place in shallow baking pan.
9. Bake 20 minutes or until tender.
Nutritional Analysis per serving:
Calories 50, total fat 2.5g (saturated fat 1.5g), carbohydrates 4g, protein 4g, fiber <1g, sodium 150mg
Source: Kraft Foods
For information, please call our Health Access Line at 314-ANTHONY (268-4669) or 800-554-9550 or visit find a physician online.
Working as trusted partners, the physicians and employees of St. Anthony's Health System will deliver care distinguished by its demonstrated quality and personalized service. We will be visibly engaged in improving the health and well being of the communities we serve in South County and beyond. We will stand together, proud to set the standard for independent community health systems.