Cranberries and apples are excellent sources of phytonutrients, which may help prevent cancer and heart disease.
Makes 4 servings
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
¼ cup margarine, melted
¼ cup firmly packed brown sugar
5 Honey Crisp apples, cored and sliced
1 sheet frozen phyllo dough
(optional) Thawed Lite Cool Whip™ Topping
1. In oven-proof sauté pan, melt margarine and brown sugar, simmering for 3 to 5 minutes.
2. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
3. Arrange sliced apples in fan shape on top of margarine/brown sugar mixture.
4. Roll out puff pastry square and cut into 5-inch square. Place on top of apples.
5. Bake in 400°F oven until browned,about 15 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and cool for 10 minutes. Invert tart onto dinner plate and cut into four triangles.
7. Plate and serve immediately with Lite Cool Whip™ topping.
Nutritional Analysis per serving:
Calories 298, total fat 6g (saturated fat 1g), carbohydrates 60g, protein 5g, fiber 4g, sodium 295mg
Source: Chef Carl McConnell
For information, please call our Health Access Line at 314-ANTHONY (268-4669) or 800-554-9550 or visit find a physician online.
Working as trusted partners, the physicians and employees of St. Anthony's Health System will deliver care distinguished by its demonstrated quality and personalized service. We will be visibly engaged in improving the health and well being of the communities we serve in South County and beyond. We will stand together, proud to set the standard for independent community health systems.