Fern de Greeff
Your shared stories
St. Anthony's at de Greeff Hospice House
St. Anthony's at de Greeff Hospice House was built to fulfill Christ's commandment to care for the sick, particularly those who have no one to care for them.
This special house, the only one of its kind in St. Louis, serves terminally ill individuals. These individuals have the same physical, emotional and medical needs as traditional hospice patients, but they do not have a caregiver able to care for them at home. Perhaps their caregiver is elderly or too exhausted to care for them any longer or their symptoms may not be able to be managed at home. Perhaps there is no caregiver or resources to hire outside help. In such cases, St. Anthony's at de Greeff Hospice House is their home.
The de Greeff Hospice House, located on three and one-half acres on the campus of St. Anthony's Medical Center, provides a secure, home-like setting. See interactive map.
The house includes:
- 18 private bedrooms, offering peace and tranquility;
- an inviting kitchen and two dining rooms, allowing for home-cooked meals with family and friends;
- sitting and family rooms, where patients and their loved ones can spend quiet time together;
- an intimate chapel, where patients and their loved ones can reflect, pray and nurture their spirits; and
- beautifully landscaped grounds including an outdoor trail, patio with BBQ facilities, walkway and stone grotto, which add to the serenity of the de Greeff Hospice House.
For information, please call our Health Access Line at 314-ANTHONY (268-4669) or 800-554-9550 or visit find a physician online.
Working as trusted partners, the physicians and employees of St. Anthony's Health System will deliver care distinguished by its demonstrated quality and personalized service. We will be visibly engaged in improving the health and well being of the communities we serve in South County and beyond. We will stand together, proud to set the standard for independent community health systems.