Home Care specialty programs
St. Anthony's Home Care pain management program:
- offers alternative methods to treat chronic, recurrent or difficult to manage pain;
- uses a team approach that combines different types of treatment and techniques to help manage pain; and
- is designed around specific needs of the patient to achieve a higher level of comfort and pain relief.
A physical therapy evaluation will focus on:
- pain intensity, descriptors, postural imbalance, muscle overuse, nerve tension, muscle shortening and external stressors
- history – onset, trauma and past pain management successes and failures
- home situation – posture sitting and lying, adaptations/recommended changes and available seating
The physical therapists use several treatment modalities:
- massage therapy
- proper body mechanics and posture
- relaxation techniques
- therapeutic exercise
- education on causes of pain
For information, please call our Health Access Line at 314-ANTHONY (268-4669) or 800-554-9550 or visit find a physician online.
Working as trusted partners, the physicians and employees of St. Anthony's Health System will deliver care distinguished by its demonstrated quality and personalized service. We will be visibly engaged in improving the health and well being of the communities we serve in South County and beyond. We will stand together, proud to set the standard for independent community health systems.