Home Care specialty programs
St. Anthony's Home Care orthopedic program is designed to follow the patient throughout their complete surgical and rehabilitation process by providing post-operative hospital and home care treatment.
Following post-operative surgical procedures, our nursing staff assess the patient and provide patient/family education. This includes the following services:
- care for incision care, dressing changes, staple/suture removal and S/S infection
- venipuncture and fingerstick PT/INR
- instruct on medication regimen and side effects
- drain maintenance and removal
- assess nutrition and pain
- assess bowel/bladder function
- assess and teach S/S thrombosis
- assess weight bearing status and safe use of assistive devices
- establish home exercise program
- assess transfers/home safety
- assess ROM and strength and develop therapeutic exercise plan
- determine safe use of CPM, if applicable
- follow up incision assessment/care and nursing instruction
- assess ability and safety to perform ADLS
- educate on personal care and bathroom transfers
- recommend equipment for home safety
- provided by home health aides and medical social workers
For information, please call our Health Access Line at 314-ANTHONY (268-4669) or 800-554-9550 or visit find a physician online.
Working as trusted partners, the physicians and employees of St. Anthony's Health System will deliver care distinguished by its demonstrated quality and personalized service. We will be visibly engaged in improving the health and well being of the communities we serve in South County and beyond. We will stand together, proud to set the standard for independent community health systems.