Home Care specialty programs
St. Anthony's Home Care diabetes education features:
- RNs specially trained in diabetic teaching
- instruction/teaching materials given to patients and caregivers to educate then on IDDM and NIDDM disease processes
- instruction/teaching and demonstration of glucose monitor use, insulin preparation and administration of SQ injections
- labs obtained per doctor’s orders
- detailed instruction/teaching to patients and caregivers on signs/symptoms of hyperglycemia and hypoglycemia, causes, and management of disease and proper foot care
- medication instruction on purpose, side effects, safety, administration and set up (oral and/or SQ)
- instruction/teaching on the American Diabetes Association diet as per doctor’s order
- assistance helping patients obtain free glucose monitor
For information, please call our Health Access Line at 314-ANTHONY (268-4669) or 800-554-9550 or visit find a physician online.
Working as trusted partners, the physicians and employees of St. Anthony's Health System will deliver care distinguished by its demonstrated quality and personalized service. We will be visibly engaged in improving the health and well being of the communities we serve in South County and beyond. We will stand together, proud to set the standard for independent community health systems.