Home Care specialty programs
Why use St. Anthony’s Home Care balance program?
- fall prevention – reduces the fear of falling
- improves functional mobility
- improves quality of life and builds self-confidence
- keeps patients in their home
Who can benefit?
Patients who would benefit from St. Anthony's Home Care Balance Program include, but are not limited to those with a:
- high fall risk or history of falls
- generalized weakness
- neurological issues
- vestibular issues
Balance assessment and interventions
Physical therapists use several assessment strategies and assessment tools including:
- Timed Up and Go test
- Functional Reach test
- balance grades assessment
- sensory input
- mechanical requirements
- motor components
Physical therapy treatment interventions may include, but are not limited to:
- strength and balance strategies
- nutrition and hydration
- individualized home exercise program with continued emphasis for on-going success
- dynamic standing balance activities and instruction
- address sensory impairments
- vestibular stimulation
For information, please call our Health Access Line at 314-ANTHONY (268-4669) or 800-554-9550 or visit find a physician online.
Working as trusted partners, the physicians and employees of St. Anthony's Health System will deliver care distinguished by its demonstrated quality and personalized service. We will be visibly engaged in improving the health and well being of the communities we serve in South County and beyond. We will stand together, proud to set the standard for independent community health systems.