Your shared stories
Your notes from the heart
Heart care extras
Heart care in the news
ideo | udio | ews
Heart & Vascular Institute at St. Anthony's
Education and support programs
St. Anthony’s offers a unique variety of programs to support our heart patients, including:
- At least two in-home visits are provided at no charge for every patient with heart failure. A nurse specialist will provide follow up support.
- Education classes covering topics such as coping skills, stress management and heart-healthy diet are available through cardiac rehabilitation.
- A Cardiopulmonary Support Group meets on the 3rd Wednesday of the month from 1 to 3 p.m. to support and educate those suffering from heart or lung ailments. Please call 525-4091 for more information. Note: No summer meetings are held.
- Stress Management Classes help individuals find ways to cope with stress, including relaxation and time management techniques. This program is offered through St. Anthony’s at Hyland Behavioral Health.
- WomenHeart support group offers an ongoing place for women only to come for information and encouragement. Meetings are held on the 1st Tuesday of every month from 6 to 7:30 p.m. in cardiac rehabilitation. Please call 525-4091 for more information.
St. Anthony’s also offers other ongoing programs, classes and lectures — many free of charge — to help educate the community about the benefits of a healthy lifestyle. Heart patients may benefit from these as well. See schedule of upcoming classes.
For information, please call our Health Access Line at 314-ANTHONY (268-4669) or 800-554-9550 or visit find a physician online.
Working as trusted partners, the physicians and employees of St. Anthony's Health System will deliver care distinguished by its demonstrated quality and personalized service. We will be visibly engaged in improving the health and well being of the communities we serve in South County and beyond. We will stand together, proud to set the standard for independent community health systems.