Department of Professional Practice and Staff Development
Our Mission, Vision, and Values
Our Mission – The Department of Professional Practice and Staff Development facilitates opportunities which foster professional growth and development of mind, body, and spirit to provide the best care to every patient every day.
Our Vision – The Department of Professional Practice and Staff Development is the change agent in the process of achieving organizational and clinical excellence.
- Critical Reasoning
- Internal Motivation
- Knowledge Acquisition
Our Education Specialists
Our Education Specialists are committed to providing the best care to every patient every day by offering professional and educational development opportunities to staff at the bedside. Clinical expertise ranges from Med-Surg, Orthopedics, and Progressive Care to Critical Care, Emergency Services, and Women's Health.
The Education Specialists serve as liaisons to various nursing units to promote professional development of formal and informal nursing leaders; provide resources, education, and information to unit leaders; and improve quality of care and staff competencies.
Education and Professional Development Opportunities
St. Anthony's ensures that organizational goals are met by providing employees with advanced expertise, resources and services.
- American Heart Association-Sponsored Certifications Including ACLS and BLS
- Clinical Education Fairs
- Critical Care Classes Utilizing American Association of Critical Care Nurses (AACN) Essentials of Critical Care Orientation (ECCO)
- Nursing Orientation and Welcome Home Orientee Support Program
- Nursing School Partnerships/Clinical Site Placements
- Patient Care Tech Training Classes
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Certification Information
- Clinical Ladder P.E.R.K. Nurse Program
- CRN Leadership Development
- Daisy and Daffodil Recognition Award Programs
- Free Continuing Education Via HealthStream’s CE Center
- High-Fidelity Simulation Utilizing SimMan 3G, SimMom, and SimNewB
- Job Shadowing
- Midwest MSD CE Approval
- Nursing Shared Governance
- Preceptor Development Program
- WGU Missouri Partnership