Jane King lost 7.78 percent of her body weight!
Amazing who? Amazing You!
The Amazing You Committee have announced winners for January. Congratulations to Jane King, Central Sterilization, the first-place individual winner who has lost 7.78 percent of her body weight. Amber Carmon, Inpatient Pharmacy, came in second, losing 6 percent; and Michelle McDonald, HSA Kirkwood, came in third, losing 5.08 percent.
The Central Sterilization team members, Jane King, Laura Housewright and Joyce Williams, lost 1.58 percent of their entire team weight, putting their team in first place for the month of January.
Congratulations on a job well done. Keep up the AMAZING work!
Here are the opportunities to win prizes!
- The team with the highest percentage weight loss will receive bragging rights in the form of a traveling trophy. Members of the winning team also will receive gift cards to a local establishment.
- The individual with the highest percentage weight loss will receive a $50 Visa gift card.
- All participants will be entered into a drawing for the following prizes: nutrition counseling session with a dietitian; consultation with an exercise physiologist; three-month membership to St. Anthony’s fitness center; gift certificate for an exercise class at St. Anthony’s Body, Mind, Spirit Center; pedometer and other exercise-related items.
Quarterly: The individual with the highest percentage weight loss will receive one of the following prizes: iPod shuffle, tickets to a professional sporting event, spa day gift certificate, iTunes gift card or Fit Bit (a device that tracks your steps, distance, and calories burned – and syncs those stats to your computer and select smartphones.)
- The individual with the highest percentage weight loss will receive a $500 Visa gift card.
- Those who participate for the full year will receive an Amazing You T-shirt and be entered into a drawing for a $100 Visa gift card.
- Each original member of the team with the highest percentage weight loss for the year will receive a $50 gift card. Original members are those who start the program in November 2013 and complete the program in November 2014.
Look for health tips and information about educational events via email. Mr. and Ms. Amazing “Flat Stanley” dolls will travel to each team throughout the year, so you can show off your team and take pictures with the dolls. Your photos could be shared in a variety of ways, including St. Anthony’s This Week, boards around the hospital and the Amazing You Facebook group. If you’re interested in joining the Amazing You Facebook group to interact with others in the program, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your team leader is your primary resource for information and questions about the Amazing You program, but Wellness Committee members are available to assist you. Just contact us at email@example.com.
We look forward to the year ahead and hope you have fun along the way!
For information, please call our Health Access Line at 314-ANTHONY (268-4669) or 800-554-9550 or visit find a physician online.
Working as trusted partners, the physicians and employees of St. Anthony's Health System will deliver care distinguished by its demonstrated quality and personalized service. We will be visibly engaged in improving the health and well being of the communities we serve in South County and beyond. We will stand together, proud to set the standard for independent community health systems.