Stay motivated for exercise with walking groups
Just a change in scenery makes walking more fun!
Joining a walking group is a fun way to get motivated and help motivate others too! Walking is also a low impact exercise that most people can do. Below are some links for more information on walking groups, both local and national. Get involved and make some new friends, all while getting your exercise!
- For mall walking information (available times and length of walk), click here.
- For a walking clubs directory, click here and scroll to your state. The site lists groups state-wide.
- Trouble finding a babysitter while you exercise? Try the Mom's Like Me walking group.
- If you have a walking buddy and are looking for new outdoor walks, try Trails.com. The site lists walking trails in the area along with terrain and length.
- Ten Toe Express Walking Tours offers a weekly walking schedule beginning at alternating MetroLink stations. Registration is free and includes a walking kit and a guide for more than 80 suggested walking tours. Runs mid-April through July. Click here or call 314-231-7272.
Also check your community center, church, mall or local school for walking facilities or groups.
For information, please call our Health Access Line at 314-ANTHONY (268-4669) or 800-554-9550 or visit find a physician online.
Working as trusted partners, the physicians and employees of St. Anthony's Health System will deliver care distinguished by its demonstrated quality and personalized service. We will be visibly engaged in improving the health and well being of the communities we serve in South County and beyond. We will stand together, proud to set the standard for independent community health systems.