Diabetes Resource: MyFoodAdvisor
MyFoodAdvisor is an innovative nutrient-tracking tool that was created by the American Diabetes Association. Better manage diabetes by using it to plan meals and recipes, create shopping lists and monitor your carbohydrate intake throughout the day. Registration is required, but free of charge. Here are our top five reasons to try MyFoodAdvisor:
- Under the “Your Food Advisor” tab you can personalize the website to set personal goals.
- Search for foods to obtain their nutrition information by clicking on the “Explore Foods” tab.
- Search for recipes based on their nutrition content and save your favorites in “My Recipe Box.”
- Enter ingredients from your own recipe in order to calculate the carbohydrates and other nutrients in the “Create a Dish” section.
- Improve control of diabetes by using the “Track Foods” function to monitor carbohydrates, calories and other nutrients.
Try it for yourself at www.diabetes.org/myfoodadvisor.
For information, please call our Health Access Line at 314-ANTHONY (268-4669) or 800-554-9550 or visit find a physician online.
Working as trusted partners, the physicians and employees of St. Anthony's Health System will deliver care distinguished by its demonstrated quality and personalized service. We will be visibly engaged in improving the health and well being of the communities we serve in South County and beyond. We will stand together, proud to set the standard for independent community health systems.