Patients & Visitors
- Advance Directives
- Dining & Amenities
- Bill Pay Online
- Caring Bridge
- Care Management
- Discharge Planning
- Financial assistance
- My Patient Story
- Insurance/Managed Care Plans
- Patient Handbook
- Patient Rights and Responsibilities
- Patient Portal
- Patient Stories
- Recognize Employee
- Senior Services
- Spiritual Care
Lodging and area services
The Heffernan Hospitality House
Note: Heffernan House is unable to take new reservations at this time.
Many families travel to St. Anthony’s Medical Center for treatment. To make their time here less stressful, the Heffernan Hospitality House provides comforting and affordable accommodations for patients and their families. Tucked away in a peaceful, quiet corner of St. Anthony’s campus, the Heffernan House has been a refuge for many during times of illness. The main house features two private bedrooms, one and one-half baths, a kitchen, living room, dining room and TV room. A separate private suite, which includes a bedroom, bathroom, kitchen and living room, also is available. The Heffernan Hospitality House was renovated through funds raised by the Auxiliary, and is operated by volunteers. Rooms are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Because of space limitations, families with children under 10 or those needing wheelchair accessibility should seek other accommodations. St. Anthony’s can provide you with convenient alternatives.
Who Can Stay at the House?
Patients and their loved ones may stay at the Heffernan Hospitality House:
- before or after outpatient surgery
- before or after outpatient procedures, such as testing, biopsy or endoscopy
- after a medical treatment
- during a medical emergency or hospitalization
- when receiving cancer treatment or dialysis
- when visiting behavioral health inpatients
- when visiting nursing home patients who are hospitalized.
Patients and family members should be able to function independently. A support person is necessary for those patients and family members who are unable to function independently.
To Request a Room
If you or your family face an unexpected medical situation and need overnight accommodations, call the Heffernan Hospitality House at 314-525-7230.
Those traveling to St. Anthony’s for a scheduled surgery or treatment and wishing to stay at the Heffernan Hospitality House should call 314-525-7230 to be placed on a waiting list. On the day of your arrival, simply call the House at 314-525-7230 and ask if a room is available. If the House is full, we will try to notify you as soon as there is a vacancy.
ROOM: $50 per night
SUITE: $65 per night (one or two people)
$75 per night (three or four people)
The following hotels offer discounted rates for patients and visitors at St. Anthony's Medical Center.
- Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55, 4200 MidAmerica Lane. Call 314-894-1900 for rates and reservations.
- Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis - Columbia, 165 Admiral Trost Drive, Columbia, IL 62236. Call 618-281-9000 for rates and reservations.
- Holiday Inn - South County Center, 6921 S. Lindbergh. Call 314-892-3600 for rates and reservations.
- Drury Inn & Suites - Arnold (St. Louis South), 3800 State Route 141, Arnold, Mo. 63010. Call 636-287-3111 for rates and reservations.
- Pear Tree Inn - Arnold (St. Louis South), 1201 Drury Lane, Arnold, Mo. 63010. Call 636-296-9600 for rates and reservations.