Patients & Visitors
- Advance Directives
- Dining & Amenities
- Bill Pay Online
- Caring Bridge
- Care Management
- Discharge Planning
- Financial assistance
- My Patient Story
- Insurance/Managed Care Plans
- Patient Handbook
- Patient Rights and Responsibilities
- Patient Portal
- Patient Stories
- Recognize Employee
- Senior Services
- Spiritual Care
We continually strive to contain costs, while maintaining our commitment to excellence in medical care, by ensuring that every appropriate effort is made to collect money owed to the hospital for services provided.
Payment is expected at the time of service. All attempts will be made to establish what will be owed in order to advise the patient of the amount due prior to or when services are rendered. Patients will be provided multiple options in which to pay their account balances. Patients are responsible for the charges incurred for services received.
St. Anthony's Medical Center accepts assignments of benefits and maintains an active follow-up program with all insurance carriers. Insurance is billed as a courtesy to the patient and the patient remains responsible for contacting their insurance carrier to ensure prompt payment of their accounts. Patients should contact their insurance carrier if payment has not been made within 45 days. Accounts with delinquent balances or without adequate payment arrangements may be forwarded to a collection agency or attorney.
St. Anthony’s policy is to provide financial options and assistance to those patients who lack the financial ability to pay, to those who do not have hospitalization insurance, and to those that have balances due including deductibles and co-payments.
If payment cannot be made in full at the time of service, financial assistance is available to help the patient qualify for payment arrangements or financing alternatives.
- A 40 percent discount will be granted for uninsured patients and should be applied to the first statement.
- A monthly payment plan may be established by contacting our customer service team at 314-525-4747 or email@example.com. The monthly payment amount will be based upon the balance due. Contact must be made with our customer service team so your account can be set up on the payment plan.
Price estimation hotline for hospital services
The cost of hospital procedures can vary by insurance. Take advantage of a program that lets you know your cost based on your co-pay and/or deductible.
Call the Hotline at 314-525-4787. You will be connected to a message center and will receive a return phone call within 2 business days.
Requesting a refund
If you would like to request a refund for outstanding credit balances on your account, please follow the process below to ensure proper handling and timely processing of the requested refund.
- Please contact our Patient Accounting department at 314-525-4747 or firstname.lastname@example.org to begin the process of requesting the refund. Upon acknowledgement by business office personnel, the account in question will be reviewed in detail prior to processing the refund.
- If it is determined you are due a refund, please allow up to 60 days for your refund check to be processed.
*NOTE: If it is determined that there are other outstanding balances on the account apart from the charges in question, the requested refund will be reduced by such amounts and processed accordingly.
If you have any questions regarding an overpayment on your account please contact our Patient Account Department, Customer Service Team at 314-525-4747 or email@example.com for assistance.