The John K. Pruellage Heart & Vascular Center includes features like the Healing Garden to promote healing for patients.
John K. Pruellage Heart & Vascular Center
St. Anthony’s Medical Center’s John K. Pruellage Heart & Vascular Center — a “heart hospital within a hospital” — offers the latest in medical technology and patient-centered care. It radically redefines how patients are cared for and the setting in which they heal, through advanced technology, safety and infection control features and environmental amenities.
- 64 private cardiac monitored patient rooms
- 16-bed Surgical Intensive Care Unit (SICU)
- 26 state-of-the-art surgery suites
- 34 same-day surgery rooms
- cardiac catheterization lab
- electrophysiology lab
- outpatient catheterization lab
- Hybrid Endovascular OR Suite for advanced cardiac and vascular procedures
Healing Enhanced Through Design
The four-story surgery and patient-care tower brings to life the principles of biophilic design, which integrates elements of nature into the healing process. Research suggests that biophilic design provides the best possible environment for patients and the clinicians who care for them.
As the spiritual role of nature in healing is universally recognized, each piece of artwork was selected to reflect God’s presence in nature and each is accompanied by an inspirational quote.
The boomerang-shaped addition surrounds a glass-enclosed “healing garden,” offering lush, green views from all four floors. Plantings, benches and fountains are integrated into the design to promote reflection and to provide comfort to patients, families and visitors.
Every element of the Heart & Vascular Center is designed to enhance the patients’ healing process. The soft architectural curves, leaf designs from floor to ceiling, light cherry-finish woodwork, restful colors and natural lighting bring elements of nature indoors to patients and their families.
- New Cancer Center to be Built on Campus, New Primary Care Clinics to be Built off Campus06/12/2018
- New Minimally Invasive Option to Open Heart Surgery10/24/2017
- Nurses Chosen as Finalists for March of Dimes Nurse of the Year10/16/2017
- Surgeon joins St. Anthony’s Breast Care team09/05/2017
- "U.S. News & World Report" Names St. Anthony’s Among Best in Treating Two Conditions08/08/2017