Inpatient Orthopedic Rehabilitation Unit
For the convenience of patients and to optimize recovery, St. Anthony’s has a specialized orthopedic rehabilitation gym for patients recovering from orthopedic and spinal procedures.
Most patients, following post-surgery evaluation by their physician, will take their first steps within hours of their surgery and begin inpatient rehabilitation the same day or the next morning.
The orthopedic rehabilitation gym is located on the same floor and just around the corner from patient rooms. It is staffed by physical and occupational therapists, all of which have advanced training in caring for orthopedic and spine patients.
Our rehabilitation team focuses on getting patients ready for real-life situations following discharge, such as
- Necessary daily living skills
- Bed and bath transfers
- Walking with assistance (canes, walkers, etc.)
- Exercises for home rehabilitation and recovery
The orthopedic rehabilitation gym also includes a model transitional apartment, complete with a bed, full bathroom and a kitchen area so that patients can ease their safe transition home.
- Preventing and Caring for Spinal Issues08/04/2017
- Certification for total hip and total knee replacement from The Joint Commission07/12/2017
- Heading Back Outdoors in Spring Can Lead to Injuries03/02/2016
- Flexibility, Stretching, and Fitness02/16/2016
- Sports and Physical Therapy Office and Diabetes Education Office Move07/09/2014