Neuroscience & Stroke
- Stroke – hemorrhagic & ischemic
- Brain tumors
- Trauma to the brain and spine
- Seizure disorders
- Degenerative spine disease
St. Anthony’s Medical Center’s John K. Pruellage Heart & Vascular Center — a “hospital within a hospital” — offers the latest in medical technology and patient-centered care. It radically redefines how patients are cared for and the setting in which they heal, through advanced technology, safety and infection control features and environmental amenities.
Advanced surgical services to treat neurological disorders includes:
- minimally invasive spinal surgeries
- minimally invasive cranial surgeries with navigational technologies
St. Anthony’s is one of the few hospitals in the St. Louis area to be certified as a Level 1 Stroke Center, the highest level of stroke care available as accredited by the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services. When Missouri’s new Stroke Center designations began in 2015, St. Anthony’s was one of only five hospitals in the St. Louis area and one of ten hospitals in Missouri to be named a Level 1 Stroke Center. It means we have the expertise and technological resources to quickly diagnose and treat any type of stroke within one hour of arrival.
The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval® and the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association’s Heart-Check mark for Advanced Certification for Primary Stroke Centers.
St. Anthony's has earned The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval® and the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association’s Heart-Check mark for Advanced Certification for Primary Stroke Centers. The Gold Seal of Approval® and the Heart-Check mark represent symbols of quality from their respective organizations.
Joint Commission experts evaluated compliance with stroke-related standards and requirements, including program management, the delivery of clinical care and performance improvement.
Get With The Guidelines–Stroke Gold Plus Achievement Award with Target: Stroke Honor Roll Elite Plus
St. Anthony's is proud to be awarded for the third year in a row the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association's Get With The Guidelines–Stroke Gold Plus Achievement Award with Target: Stroke Honor Roll Elite Plus. St. Anthony’s earned the award by achieving 85 percent or higher adherence to all Get With The Guidelines-Stroke achievement indicators for two or more consecutive 12-month periods and achieve 75 percent or higher compliance with five of eight Get With The Guidelines-Stroke Quality measures.
Ready For An Appointment?
Neuroscience & Stroke Feature Stories
- Pressure relieved: Arnold resident back to normal after brain tumor surgery
- Back to normal: Mehlville resident back to exploring after spinal surgery
- Pilot off to new adventures after back surgery
- Getting back to normal
- Stroke Recovery is in the Cards
- One Step at a Time
- P.E. Teacher is REBOUNDING After Stroke
- Back to Normal in ONE Hour
- Level One Stroke Center Designation Means Top-Notch Care
- Video System Speeds Stroke Care
Neuroscience & Stroke News
- Get with the Guidelines-Stroke Gold Plus Achievement05/25/2018
- Nurses Chosen as Finalists for March of Dimes Nurse of the Year10/16/2017
- Recovering from a Concussion05/30/2017
- American Stroke Association honors St. Anthony’s with Gold Plus Award for stroke care05/18/2017
- Speech Therapy treats more than just speech05/09/2017