Special Care Nursery
In partnership with SSM Cardinal Glennon Children’s Medical Center, St. Anthony’s has a Level II Special Care Nursery staffed 24-hours a day by advanced care neonatal nurse practitioners. Neonatologists from SSM Cardinal Glennon oversee all newborn care in the Special Care Nursery.
Neonatal intensive care services available include
- Delivery of high-risk infants
- Care of premature babies (32+ weeks)
- Newborn resuscitation
- Specialized care for babies with respiratory problems who require a ventilator
- Nutritional support
- Available consultations with pediatricians and pediatric cardiologists
The Special Care Nursery is a comforting place for you to receive onsite premier neonatal care for your newborn while still remaining close to home. In the event that additional specialized urgent care is needed, our partnership with SSM Cardinal Glennon enables us to easily transition your infant direct to the pediatric hospital.
- St. Anthony's Welcomes First Baby of 201701/04/2017
- St. Anthony’s Expands Obstetrician/Gynecologist Services in Fenton08/08/2016
- St. Anthony’s earns “Top Performer” recognition from The Joint Commission11/17/2015
- Parenting Class Available Free to St. Louis County Residents07/16/2015
- Safe Sleep Hospital Certification05/20/2015