Find a Pediatrician
It’s important to have a pediatrician or family care physician prior to the birth of your child, typically before your seventh or eighth month of pregnancy. Most, if not all, pediatricians and family practitioners will offer times in their schedule to “meet and greet” expectant moms. Consider these points when determining which pediatrician you want for your child:
- Training and experience
- Proximity to home and work
- Are you on my insurance plan?
- Philosophy of care-does it mesh with how you want to raise your child? Is the doctor easy to talk to?
- Office hours — are evening and weekend appointments available? After hours call number?
- What is the average wait time in the office?
- How are after-hour illnesses and same-day appointments handled?
- Is the pediatrician part of a group practice? If so, how is coverage handled if your pediatrician is not available?
- What hospitals do they refer to?
- Did you feel comfortable in their waiting room/office?
- Were the nurses and staff friendly?
Do you Need A Physician For Your Baby??Call 314-ANTHONY (268-4669)
800-554-9550 (toll free)
or click on "Find a Family Physician" on the right.
- St. Anthony’s Welcomes First Newborn of 201801/02/2018
- St. Anthony's Welcomes First Baby of 201701/04/2017
- St. Anthony’s Expands Obstetrician/Gynecologist Services in Fenton08/08/2016
- St. Anthony’s earns “Top Performer” recognition from The Joint Commission11/17/2015
- Parenting Class Available Free to St. Louis County Residents07/16/2015