Birth Certificates & Social Security Cards
It takes about 2-4 weeks for the paperwork to be completed regarding a birth certificate in the State of Missouri.
At St. Anthony’s, you will be provided a Proof of Birth form before you leave in case your insurance company needs that before your child’s birth certificate arrives. We also will submit birth information to the state.
You can request a copy of your baby’s birth certificate by
Taking or sending in your completed request form that we have provided for you in your take-home folder along with a check or money order for $15 to
Bureau of Vital Statistics
111 South Meramec Drive
Clayton, Missouri 63105
You also may request a copy by going online to www.dhss.mo.gov.
Social Security Cards
Once the birth certificate is completed by the state, they will notify the Social Security Administration. You then will automatically receive a social security card for your newborn in the mail in about eight weeks. It is imperative that you keep your infant’s social security care in a safe, secure location.
For any questions, you may contact the Social Security Administration at 800-772-1213.
- St. Anthony’s Welcomes First Newborn of 201801/02/2018
- St. Anthony's Welcomes First Baby of 201701/04/2017
- St. Anthony’s Expands Obstetrician/Gynecologist Services in Fenton08/08/2016
- St. Anthony’s earns “Top Performer” recognition from The Joint Commission11/17/2015
- Parenting Class Available Free to St. Louis County Residents07/16/2015