The Heart and Vascular Institute
An estimated 30 percent of Americans suffer from hypertension, or high blood pressure, but are unaware they have it. More than 40 percent of Americans who suffer from high blood pressure are not treated for it.
That's a serious problem, because hypertension is a major risk factor for stroke, heart failure, coronary artery disease, peripheral artery disease and kidney disease.
Hypertension Clinic services
The staff of St. Anthony's Heart Specialty Associates Hypertension Clinic works with patients to compile a comprehensive medical and blood pressure history, and identify barriers to treatment preventing achievement of goal pressures. The patient receives a drug and lifestyle regimen and receives close follow-up care to monitor blood pressure. Learn more about Hypertension Clinic services.
Heart and Vascular News
- Interventional Cardiologist Adds His Experience to St. Anthony’s Team09/07/2018
- Flight Surgeon: Dr. Allen Deployed to CENTCOM07/02/2018
- Varicose & Spider Veins Can Lead to More Severe Health Concerns06/01/2018
- Get with the Guidelines-Heart Failure Gold Plus Achievement05/25/2018
- St. Anthony's Among Six Mercy Hospitals Designated STEMI Centers05/15/2018
- Donated AED Saves a Life at St. Simon the Apostle12/19/2017
- New Minimally Invasive Option to Open Heart Surgery10/24/2017
- Vein Services Earns Re-accreditation10/23/2017
- "U.S. News & World Report" Names St. Anthony’s Among Best in Treating Two Conditions08/08/2017
- Vascular Surgeon joins St. Anthony’s Heart & Vascular Institute team08/01/2017