The Heart and Vascular Institute
An estimated 30 percent of Americans suffer from hypertension, or high blood pressure, but are unaware they have it. More than 40 percent of Americans who suffer from high blood pressure are not treated for it.
That's a serious problem, because hypertension is a major risk factor for stroke, heart failure, coronary artery disease, peripheral artery disease and kidney disease.
Hypertension Clinic services
The staff of St. Anthony's Heart Specialty Associates Hypertension Clinic works with patients to compile a comprehensive medical and blood pressure history, and identify barriers to treatment preventing achievement of goal pressures. The patient receives a drug and lifestyle regimen and receives close follow-up care to monitor blood pressure. Learn more about Hypertension Clinic services.
Heart and Vascular News
- New Minimally Invasive Option to Open Heart Surgery10/24/2017
- Vein Services Earns Re-accreditation10/23/2017
- "U.S. News & World Report" Names St. Anthony’s Among Best in Treating Two Conditions08/08/2017
- Vascular Surgeon joins St. Anthony’s Heart & Vascular Institute team08/01/2017
- Advanced Certification in Heart Failure from The Joint Commission07/20/2017
- American Heart Association honors St. Anthony’s with Silver Plus Award for heart failure care05/11/2017
- Stenting of Completely Blocked Coronary Arteries May Represent “Final Frontier” in Interventional Cardiology01/17/2017
- Cardiothoracic Surgeons Perform 500th Procedure01/04/2017
- Cardiologist Joins St. Anthony’s from the U.S. Navy08/15/2016
- Heart Care Team Expands with Addition of Cardiologist08/11/2016