The Heart and Vascular Institute
Education and Support
St. Anthony’s offers a unique variety of programs to support our heart patients, including:
- At least two in-home visits are provided at no charge for every patient with heart failure. A nurse specialist will provide follow up support.
- Education classes covering topics such as coping skills, stress management and heart-healthy diet are available through cardiac rehabilitation.
- A Cardiopulmonary Support Group meets on the 3rd Wednesday of the month from 1 to 3 p.m. to support and educate those suffering from heart or lung ailments. Please call 525-4091 for more information. Note: No summer meetings are held.
- Stress Management Classes help individuals find ways to cope with stress, including relaxation and time management techniques. This program is offered through St. Anthony’s at Hyland Behavioral Health.
- Women Heart support group offers an ongoing place for women only to come for information and encouragement. Meetings are held on the 1st Tuesday of every month from 6 to 7:30 p.m. in cardiac rehabilitation. Please call 525-4091 for more information.
St. Anthony’s also offers other ongoing programs, classes and lectures — many free of charge — to help educate the community about the benefits of a healthy lifestyle. Heart patients may benefit from these as well. See schedule of upcoming classes.
Heart and Vascular News
- Flight Surgeon: Dr. Allen Deployed to CENTCOM07/02/2018
- Varicose & Spider Veins Can Lead to More Severe Health Concerns06/01/2018
- Get with the Guidelines-Heart Failure Gold Plus Achievement05/25/2018
- St. Anthony's Among Six Mercy Hospitals Designated STEMI Centers05/15/2018
- Donated AED Saves a Life at St. Simon the Apostle12/19/2017
- New Minimally Invasive Option to Open Heart Surgery10/24/2017
- Vein Services Earns Re-accreditation10/23/2017
- "U.S. News & World Report" Names St. Anthony’s Among Best in Treating Two Conditions08/08/2017
- Vascular Surgeon joins St. Anthony’s Heart & Vascular Institute team08/01/2017
- Advanced Certification in Heart Failure from The Joint Commission07/20/2017