St. Anthony’s is among only a few hospitals in the region to offer the AngioVac system, a minimally invasive alternative to open-heart surgery that enables doctors to remove large blood clots from the heart. A team of doctors uses an extra-large tube to remove the clots,while a bypass circuit reinfuses filtered blood back into the body. It has been used since 2013.
The most common use of the AngioVac device is for people with large blood clots in their inferior vena cava, a large vein that carries blood from the lower extremities back into the heart.
Heart and Vascular News
- Interventional Cardiologist Adds His Experience to St. Anthony’s Team09/07/2018
- Flight Surgeon: Dr. Allen Deployed to CENTCOM07/02/2018
- Varicose & Spider Veins Can Lead to More Severe Health Concerns06/01/2018
- Get with the Guidelines-Heart Failure Gold Plus Achievement05/25/2018
- St. Anthony's Among Six Mercy Hospitals Designated STEMI Centers05/15/2018